One of the most dangerous birds or animal in fact is the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker. We should be careful of these guys going extinct, there are very little amounts of these woodpeckers left in the world. They are dying off and people are trying to protect them. Here are some interesting facts about this bird.
- These woodpeckers feed mainly on larvae of wood-boring beetles, but they also feed on insects, seeds and fruits. They would use their enormous white bill to get rid of the bark from trees to get the insects. They would need at least 25km square to feed their young ones and themselves.
- The Ivory-Billed Woodpecker are the third largest birds and are from north Mexico.
- In the native American times they used the bills of these birds as decoration and the trade of them was very common throughout North America.
- The male Ivory-Billed Woodpecker has a red crest while the female has a black head and crest.
- The Ivory-Billed Woodpecker is sometimes considered as Grail Bird, the Lord God Bird, or the Good God Bird.
Do you agree they should be saved or not??