The reason for me writing a blog about this is because I have a friend that is exactly like what this disorder is. Leave a like if you have a friend that is similar or exactly like this disorder and while you’re here, click on that follow button.
What is Histrionic Personality Disorder?
This disorder is known to people as a personality disorder. Personality disorders are rigid, inflexible and maladaptive, causing impairment in functioning or internal distress.
What causes this to happen?
People are not sure what could cause this but mental health professionals think that it could be from learned behavior and also could be something related to inheritance.
Symptoms of this Disorder
- That person isn’t comfortable unless they are the center of attention
- Change emotions quickly/easily
- Over concerned about physical appearance
- DIFFICULTY MAINTAINING RELATIONSHIPS, OFTEN THEY ARE FAKE OR END THEM QUICKLY
- Threaten people for attention
- Is self centered and shows no care towards others
- Very sensitive about criticism or disapproval
- Make decision without thinking first
- Act very dramatically, as though performing before an audience, with exaggerated emotions and expressions, yet appears to lack sincerity
- Constantly seek reassurance or approval
How it is treated
Usually people with this disorder don’t tend to seek out therapy. They also exaggerate their feelings and hate routines or schedules. This makes it hard for them to follow a treatment plan.
Psychotherapy might also play a role in helping people with this disorder. The goal of this treatment is to help the patient get over the motivations and fears connected to their behaviors and thoughts. Medication might play a role in the treatment if it is to deal with depression or anxiety.